Aloha my friend! In three weeks exactly, I’ll board my plane and I am positively bursting with anticipation because: I am going to Hawaii! I am going to Hawaii! I am going to Hawaii! It’s been five months since I booked my plane ticket and now the journey is finally getting close. And since I want that trip to become epic – and since I like lists, of course – I made up a personal must do vacation list. May I present: The Hawaii Bucket List and 19 things to do in Hawaii.
By the way: Would you like to get a postcard from Hawaii? A real one, handwritten? Scroll down the list to see how to get it!
The Hawaii Bucket List
1. Build a green sand castle
2. “Bake” black sand cakes
3. Wear shorts in bright colors for three weeks in a row
4. Paint each toenail in a different color
5. Run around with flowers in my hair
6. Never blow-dry my hair
7. Hike in the eye of flowing lava
8. Search for a treasure
9. Sing with the whales
10. Jump on hotel beds
11. Get friends with a turtle
12. Learn to surf like a pro
13. Get a tan
14. Paint freckles to my cheeks
15. Switch off my phone
16. Find a lonely waterfall
17. Watch the sun rise above the clouds
18. Constantly wear a bikini instead of underwear
19. Learn all the meanings of Aloha
Now it’s your turn. Did I forget anything? I’m happy to get your travel tips!
By the way: Would you like to get a postcard from Hawaii? A real one, handwritten? Just leave me a comment – either on the blog or on Facebook – until October 30! I’ll randomly choose ten of you who can look forward to getting mail from me. If you’re in, you’ll get an Email before I leave, asking your address – because, well, obviously, a postcard wouldn’t reach you without that. I assure you that your details are safe and won’t be used for anything else!
Teaser photo by Howard Ignatius.